Monday, January 20, 2014

Editorial: Games I'm looking forward to in 2014

Hey Guys, 2013 was a mixed bag for video games. However, 2013 had provided us with some of the best games of all time. 2014 is here and it's time for a new year in video games. Note, I will leave out next-gen exclusives because I don't plan on getting a next-gen console. I wasted a lot of money on my Xbox 360, so it would be a waste of money to be buying a console that is not backward compatible. I'll think about it if there are any backwards compatibility to the Xbox One, or I'll just switch over to PlayStation 4.

This is only the first month of the new year, so there will be more video game announcements. Anyways, these are the games (not in order) that I'm looking forward to in 2014!

















Alien: Isolation
If you were here since 2012, then you will know that I am a huge Alien fan. When Aliens Colonial Marines was announced, I could not stop talking about it. I was so hyped for it, but it came out to a total disaster. The game had so much potential; how did Gearbox ruin this!? Well that doesn't matter. Finally, Creative Assembly is doing the right thing and making Aliens the way it was supposed to be. I love survival-horror, so I hope they get Alien: Isolation right. Otherwise, I can't get hyped for the next Alien game.





















Dying Light
I remember when this was announced way back at the VGAs in 2012. I think that's where it was announced if I remember correctly. Anyways, this game got my attention. However, the game is being developed from the creators of Dead Island. Dead Island is a love it or hate it kind of game, but you have the respect the game for its concept of being a zombie RPG. Dying Light is Mirror's Edge with zombies, so I'm curious to see how this turns out.

















Titanfall
I am looking forward to this game. Sure it may be meant for next-gen consoles, but it'll still be a great game on current-gen consoles. The whole concept of the game seems fresh and the whole thing about playing as the Titans makes me feel like a child. Respawn, don't ruin this game. Right now, it look like you guys know what you are doing. Except for the fact about 12 person multiplayer.
















The Evil Within
After playing Resident Evil 6, I though survival horror was dead. However, survival horror is being brought back with The Evil Within. When this game was announced, I almost got a heart attack. This game could be a hit or miss, so I don't know if this game will be any good.





















Destiny
Bungie is one of my favorite companies of all time. I really enjoyed the Halo franchise, and I'm really looking to Destiny. However, the always online may not please those who do not have access to online features.

Honorable mentions go towards Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Dark Souls 2, Thief, and Watch Dogs. Is there any games I missed? Or do you guys have any other games you're looking forward to? Well, go ahead and leave them in the comment section.

In other news, I'm still trying to complete the games I bought. I totally forgot that I had Assassin's Creed IV. I literally found it in my bag, and it was still sealed. I really need to get to that game. Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light is currently free on Xbox Live; however, I did not get a chance to play it yet. I'm still trying to play Tomb Raider, which I will do a review on.
Till Next Time!!

No comments: